Life as a married grunt.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Life as a married grunt.

I was wondering how the Marines handle an infantryman with a family when he is stateside. I by no means want to have special treatment, I was just wondering how that works. Any married grunts with children I would love to here your replies.

How your handled??? Put it this way, the only way other grunts will know your married is if you tell them or wear a wedding band

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    How your handled??? Put it this way, the only way other grunts will know your married is if you tell them or wear a wedding band
    Ok. That was what I was wondering. No difference either way is cool by me.

How many times are you going to ask about marriage and the Marine Corps? You won't be the only grunt to get married and have kids. This is the Marine Corps...We fight and kill for a cause. I am not trying to sound like a dick here, but it's called life Matt. Not everything is going to be perfect and go the way you want. I will tell you this, if you do make it in the Corps, if you do get shipped to a combat zone, if you do end up a grunt and are standing next to me....you better have your brain wrapped around the task at hand and not wondering what shoes your wife is out buying that day!

BTW- I have been married 12 years, have 3 kids and have done 4 tours in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    How many times are you going to ask about marriage and the Marine Corps? You won't be the only grunt to get married and have kids. This is the Marine Corps...We fight and kill for a cause. I am not trying to sound like a dick here, but it's called life Matt. Not everything is going to be perfect and go the way you want. I will tell you this, if you do make it in the Corps, if you do get shipped to a combat zone, if you do end up a grunt and are standing next to me....you better have your brain wrapped around the task at hand and not wondering what shoes your wife is out buying that day!

BTW- I have been married 12 years, have 3 kids and have done 4 tours in Iraq.
    I was just wondering how it works. I don't want special treatment. I ****ed up and got a girl pregnant at age 17. I just dont want to completely **** up my baby girls life.

Not sure on what you are asking, but I can give you a perspective on how I handled it. First, i will set the stage. Yes, I was married, but without kids. I feel that I can not speak about for the Marines that had kids. That is an element that someone else may reply on.
    As far as being married. Well, You are not anything special. The unit will expect you to do and handle anything, and everything that they want out of their Marines. If they want to have a JOB, then they will get a JOB. You, however, will conduct your JOB on your poncho in the middle of the exersice yard. Be prepared to have your seabag and alice pack (I know they call it something different now) packed and in the truck of the car or back of the truck. You can be called in to deploy at anytime.
    Have your inspection items in a plastic tote for the inspection. You will depend on your squad mates to help you with showers, restrooms, and other general sitting around areas. You will not be expected to attend the late night "recons" of the dance halls, at pay day. But, if you want that, then you will soon have your own room at the barraks, that you can call your home. Help your squad on feild days and clean up around the barracks. This will show that you are part of the squad and help ease the tension about you sitting around their room and not doing anything.
    You will get up earlier than them. Due to the fact that you will be expected to be at formation at the desginated time. You will be expected to feed yourself in the field. Pack your own food and stuff. GySgt will handle the barracks Marines with MRE, but you will be expected to bring your own. Since you get a food allowance.
    It is not easy to be a brown bagger, but that is the situation that you and your wife has choosen. To many to try to explain.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mattlw201 View Post
    I was just wondering how it works. I don't want special treatment. I ****ed up and got a girl pregnant at age 17. I just dont want to completely **** up my baby girls life.

i am not b*tching at you. You could just as easily be ran over by a bus than KIA. You have to do what you believe is right for you, your future wife and child. Figuring that out...is the hard part.

I say get rid of the wife you will be better off in My Marine Corps..

There you go Matt, acknowledged by a grunt who was married at 15?
    Ain't nobody special no matter what your folks said, Matt. The Corps as i recall doesn't nurture and encourage special characteristics and perks in young men and women, there's an Olympics and Army units for the specials. Marines who think and act special are commonly a pain in the ass to the unit and tagged shi*tbirds. You won't be treated special for packing a spouse and if this insults you, its possible a look in the mirror would reveal a special 10%'er.

Mattlw201 wrote:
    To explain my threads.
    Recently I have started TWO threads called Will I get Deployed? and Life as a married grunt. These have nothing to do with me not wanting to get deployed. Blah, Blah, Blah...

DarkGreen0311 responded:
    Man ,WTF I just read the questions you asked yesterday on ask a Marine. You just asked the same thing from yesterday and again today in poolee hall and several Marines gave you advice yesterday. ARE YOU ON MEDICATION OR SOMETHING DAMN SON!!!

Mattlw201,

You have posted the same question in several different forums (poolee hall/ ask a Marine). You have even posted an explination as to why you have asked this question so many times and then locked the thread.

Several good Marines have taken the time to give you solid answers, which you must feel are not good enough for you, why else would you waste so many Marines time?

Congratulations!!!
    You just hit Sh*tbird status!!!

Be satisfied with the answers you get and STOP asking the same damn question over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    Mattlw201 wrote:
    To explain my threads.
    Recently I have started TWO threads called Will I get Deployed? and Life as a married grunt. These have nothing to do with me not wanting to get deployed. Blah, Blah, Blah...

DarkGreen0311 responded:
    Man ,WTF I just read the questions you asked yesterday on ask a Marine. You just asked the same thing from yesterday and again today in poolee hall and several Marines gave you advice yesterday. ARE YOU ON MEDICATION OR SOMETHING DAMN SON!!!

Mattlw201,

You have posted the same question in several different forums (poolee hall/ ask a Marine). You have even posted an explination as to why you have asked this question so many times and then locked the thread.

Several good Marines have taken the time to give you solid answers, which you must feel are not good enough for you, why else would you waste so many Marines time?

Congratulations!!!
    You just hit Sh*tbird status!!!

Be satisfied with the answers you get and STOP asking the same damn question over and over again.
    Im sorry sir but you need to look at all my threads before you come to a conclusion. Here are all the threads I have started. Recruit gets dq for astigmatism. What are MEUs like? What to take to boot camp. Will I get deployed( wondering what are my chances)? Bladder shy. Which specific mos could I get. Life as a married grunt. And Getting married. The last two are different questions on the same topic. Go to my thread history. Then I wrote the thread explaining myself becuase I have continually been confused with someone else and explaining I want to get deployed. Im not the one who locked it either.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Im sorry sir but you need to look at all my threads before you come to a conclusion."

Go get me a beer,,,,,,,,And don't tell Marines what we need to do.

What you need to do:::::; Screw your head on straight.

If you're fishin with a shotgun,,, Don't do it in these waters.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    "Im sorry sir but you need to look at all my threads before you come to a conclusion."

Go get me a beer,,,,,,,,And don't tell Marines what we need to do.

What you need to do:::::; Screw your head on straight.
    Just trying to explain myself. I believe he came to an improper conclusion and I wanted him to look at all the evidence.

Well Mattlw201....looks like you have not heeded any advise anybody has given you. Now you're labeled. You have shown blatant disrespect to a Marine that has proven himself in combat. You are merely a guest in our house.
    I usually don't state this to anyone here. Maybe you should just not post for a while.
    Do not PM me again. I do not want to read any of your whining.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCorps View Post
    Well Mattlw201....looks like you have not heeded any advise anybody has given you. Now you're labeled. You have shown blatant disrespect to a Marine that has proven himself in combat. You are merely a guest in our house.
    I usually don't state this to anyone here. Maybe you should just not post for a while.
    Do not PM me again. I do not want to read any of your whining.
    I didn't mean any disrespect to anybody, especially to a Marine who has proven himself in combat. I was just trying to explain myself. I have relentlessly defendend myself since I posted Will I get deployed. Which I never said I didn't want to get deployed. This will be my last post here. Sorry for any disrespect I have showed.

Thread Information